2.9.13

IN A PICKLE | OUR FALL HARVEST

Living in Ontario, Canada means that we are blessed with four distinct seasons.  As fall approaches, I love to embrace the excitement that this season brings while enjoying lovely, relaxing drives in the country with my husband, taking in the vibrant assortment of colours at their peak in the trees and foliage ...........


Experiencing the  hustle and the bustle of the local farmers markets busting at the seams with gorgeous fresh produce.  Pumpkins, apple cider, wonderful fresh fruit and pies.
  
Harvest time is here in all of its glory. 
  

For the past 25 years or so, I have enjoyed preserving some of natures delectable offerings by way of home canning. To some it may seem extremely old fashioned and a lot of work but it is certainly green living at its finest. It is so satisfying opening up a homemade jar of your favorite chutney, jam, pickles or peaches knowing that it is completely void of dangerous chemicals and a product of your own kitchen that can be enjoyed year-round. 

Last weekend my husband and I made Bread and Butter Pickles. 


This recipe was passed down to me many years ago by a family member AND it never disappoints. 

I would like to share it with you.  



If you decide to venture into the canning world and try this recipe, I would love to hear how it turned out!

I am off to make some Pickled Beets and Yummy Chili Sauce.

Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!    

Soulier Design Studio specializes in Sustainability, Eco Friendly Design,Products and Lifestyle http://www.soulierdesignstudio.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. We would really love to hear from you!!