10.9.13

BONKERS FOR BANQUETTES! | INTERIOR DESIGN


As the title of this post suggests, I am absolutely BONKERS FOR BANQUETTES

In the unlikely event that you have NO idea what I am talking about? A banquette is simply, upholstered bench seating positioned against or built into a wall or nook.  Banquettes come in all shapes, lengths, styles and fabrics, modern, traditional, tufted, not tufted and they fit practically into any space no matter what the size. 

When my husband and I go out to a restaurant, I always find myself heading straight for this comfortable, cozy seating and find that I can just nestle in all evening while enjoying our always wonderful, interesting conversation, delicious food and my favourite red wine, J.Lohr. (In my opinion the BEST WINE IN THE WORLD) Can you say yum!! Anyway, the whole dining experience is heightened for me feeling more luxurious and intimate when sitting in a banquette. 

Banquettes are not limited to just restaurants and work wonderfully in kitchens or dining rooms helping to maximize both seating and table space. Round, square or rectangular tables whatever your preference; they all work beautifully. 

My husband and I live in a small bungalow and our kitchen/dining area adjoins our living room like so many contemporary floor plans. We plan on adding a banquette to this area which will serve as extra seating when we have guests. I am in the designing stages at the moment and cannot wait to build it.  I will be sure to take pictures of the step by step process to share with you. 
  
Until then, here is a collection of some of my favourites. 

Enjoy!   


photo - Nicole Franzen  


 photo - Paul Barbera 


photo - Nicole Franzen   


photo- unknown




 breakfast area of a Manhattan Duplex - Architectural Digest


breakfast room of Tracy Pollan / Michael J. Fox's Manhattan home - Architectural Digest


This leather banquette is a Summer Hill Design- Architectural Digest


What style banquette is your favourite?

Is there a small nook, or bay window in your home where you could add one?

If you are Bonkers for Banquettes too, we would love to hear from you!!


Soulier Design Studio specializes in Sustainability, Eco Friendly Design, Products and Lifestyle 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. We would really love to hear from you!!