19.11.13

LIVING IN CONVERTED SPACES SERIES - CHURCH CONVERSION

Have you ever dreamed of converting an old industrial building, a barn, library, church, or a storefront into your home?  So many of these historic landmarks are being realized into unique one-of-a-kind places by a number of creative individuals.

Personally, I would love to transform a barn into a fabulous home.  My husband on the other hand would love to convert a church but I know for a fact I could not live in a converted church and I am not really sure why, it just does not feel right to me. I have over the years seen some stunning church conversions though.

For example, look at this amazing transformed heritage church which was reinvented into a gorgeous contemporary home.  This church dates back to the mid-nineteen century (1867) and once was a theatre. It was spared from being demo'd and then transformed into two luxury homes. A creative balance has been maintained between conserving some of the original features of the buildings while introducing some more contemporary elements.  Wow!! They did a spectacular job.

Here is the before pic of the church.


and the after... what a transformation!





My personal design preference is Contemporary and I think that this church conversion resonates with me because of the brightness of the interior and of course the contemporary touches.



 
photos | courtesy of Freshome
 
Stunning isn't it!!! Would you live in a converted church??? I would love to hear from you.

Soulier Design Studio specializes in Sustainability, Eco Friendly Design, Products and Lifestyle http://www.soulierdesignstudio.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. We would really love to hear from you!!