6.10.13

DOMUS CIVITA - ITALY | SLO MO SUNDAYS SERIES | OCT 6

It's a dark and dreary day here in Pickering, Ontario, Canada.  Most people find days like this rather depressing but I actually enjoy the occasional day like today. Everyone's lives are always so hectic and we sometimes fall behind on our magazine subscriptions or books we have been meaning to read or maybe it's a hobby that you haven't been able to enjoy in a while or a few new recipes you have been wanting to try.  Days like this are the perfect time to catch up on some of these activities.

If you are feeling a little too exhausted from a busy work week, a nap is a wonderful way to enjoy a rainy day and when you wake refreshed, break out some of your favorite movies and enjoy them along with some wonderful, healthy comfort food.

Remember it is Slo Mo Sunday and whatever you do make sure you take some time for yourself and relax. 

The start of a new work week will be here before you know it!

Today I am surfing the internet looking for some recipe inspiration for our Thanksgiving Dinner next week which my husband and I will be hosting.  I have fallen into a cooking rut and realize that I typically make the same Thanksgiving menu each year.  I want to change it up! Maybe try a new dessert or side dish.  With the millions of wonderful food websites, I am sure I will have no problem finding something fabulous to serve.

It is no surprise that I found my way to a design website while surfing.  I stumbled upon this amazing article with pictures of a 2600 year old building in Italy which was brilliantly remodeled and which I would like to share with you.

Enjoy!!

“Domus Civita was purchased in a disastrous state in 2011 by owner and architect Patrizio Fradiani and his partner Mark. The challenge with the remodeling of the project was designing a space suitable for today’s living while still honoring the 2600 year old structure."








all photos - courtesy of HomeDSGN

If you are interested in reading the article and see more of this amazing renovation, please visit HomeDSGN

Happy Slo Mo Sunday!

Soulier Design Studio specializes in Sustainability and Eco Friendly Design and Products http://www.soulierdesignstudio.com  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. We would really love to hear from you!!