19.10.11

TAKING IN THE SUMMER HOW WONDERFUL!

Happy Fall! 


I had a great summer.  How about you?  The weather has certainly co-operated. I spent glorious days and nights in the backyard gazebo, drinking my favourite red, having wonderful conversations, enjoying lovely nutritious food, taking pictures of the wildlife that visit us in our backyard (deer, butterflies, birds), smelling the gorgeous flowers that Joe, my husband nurtured and pampered all summer long.

We had some time to really relax and enjoy time with friends, and family.  I am finding that as I get older, my life has become simpler, less complicated, less stressed and so much more enjoyable. I am doing the things that I really want to do.  Love it!!!!

This is Doris our Deer.  She and has been visiting us for the past 2 years and enjoys apples
and carrots.

I absolutely love spending time in our backyard where we are surrounded by conservation on all 3 sides of our home. Complete privacy with Lake Ontario and a beautiful beach right behind us.  It is like being at a cottage up North without the 2 hour drive. 


Joe and I have been working on some personal DIY projects for our home.  Currently, we are working on our bedroom and kitchen.

We decided to make an upholstered headboard which was quite a lot of work but worth every minute. Each night we have spent several hours, covering buttons, tufting, stapling etc. and completed the project within a week.  We are very happy with the results.  We used (2") eco foam, charcoal ultra suede fabric and to give a contemporary feel, pewter nail heads were added.

Our headboard ended up costing 1/10 of what it would have had we purchased it. 

What do you think???


I have ordered a down duvet and new bedding, HOTEL STYLE to add to the luxury.



Once, our bedroom reno is complete, I will upload pictures. 

Do you have any DIY projects that you would like to share???

Soulier Design Studio specializes in Sustainability and Eco Friendly Design and Products http://www.soulierdesignstudio.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. We would really love to hear from you!!