27.5.17

"SLOW LIFE" IN THE MALDIVES | KICKING BACK ON THE WEEKEND | MAY 27

I have connected with so many exciting, interesting, creative and like-minded people these last few years since I have been actively engaged on LinkedIn.  These new friends have truly enriched my life!!

One lovely friend that I have started to chat with regularly, introduced me to ECO TOURISM.  Eco Tourism is defined as, "responsible travel to natural areas that conserves the environment and improves the well-being of local people." according to (TIES, 1990) The International Eco Tourism Society.

My friend wrote to me to tell me a little bit about herself and her role as a design intern at this resort in the Maldives of which she provided a link. I had no idea that what was in store for me on the other side of that link was this incredibly beautiful world known as Soneva.

Everyone's vision of paradise is individually unique but this is definitely mine. Everything about Soneva is mind-blowing. I mean everything.  All I can say is Wow, Wow, Wow!! 

On this kinda chilly, rainy May weekend, I would certainly prefer to be Kicking Back at Soneva for sure.

In 1995, on the deserted island of Kunfunadhoo in the Maldives, Eva and Sonu Shivdasani built their home and Soneva Fushi. Living an environmentally responsible lifestyle and building a small villa here, became the foundation of a very successful business model of resorts, spas and world-class hotels. As their website states, "Soneva was the first 'castaway' resort in the Maldives, pioneering a trend for back-to-nature luxury holidays."

I love their philosophy (Slow Life) and their passion for the Environment.  SLOW LIFE" stands for (Sustainable-Local-Organic-Wellness Learning-Inspiring-Fun-Experiences). Soneva's resorts are responsibly constructed by the use of sustainable materials,  recycled waste materials while consciously conserving water or preserving ecosystems; doing their part to reduce their Carbon Footprint. Soneva, hires the local people, buys local products and utilizes sustainable business practices to support the local community.

I could go on and on about this wonderful place but I really must show you some pictures so that you can see what I am raving about.            
Without further ado ...  












Photos - all courtesy of Soneva

I wasn't kidding was I??

Wouldn't you love to be KICKING BACK ON THE WEEKEND and living the "Slow Life" at Soneva Fushi too?

Soulier Design Studio specializes in Sustainability, Eco-Friendly Design, Products and Lifestyle.

Please visit us at https://www.soulierdesignstudio.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. We would really love to hear from you!!