12.10.13

THANKSGIVING - A TIME TO REFLECT | KICKING BACK ON THE WEEKEND | OCT 12

Thanksgiving weekend has finally arrived in Canada.

Are you aware that Thanksgiving day in Canada has been celebrated on the second Monday of October since 1957?
This holiday gives people an opportunity to give thanks for a good harvest and other good fortunes in the past year. A time when people visit family and friends to share a special meal or invite them into their own homes.


photo - pinterest

Some take this time of year to enjoy a short fall vacation or to spend one last weekend up at their summer cottage before the winter season arrives.

Whatever you choose to do this weekend, I encourage you to set aside some "KICKING BACK" time. Purposely disengage from the dizzying pace of our very hectic daily life we live each and every day and spend some time reflecting about what it is that you are truly thankful for.

I find as I grow older, my reflections are quite different now than in years past and I am so much more appreciative of the smaller, simpler things in life.

On a personal note, I would like to share just a few of my good fortunes that I am passionately thankful for ...

I was diagnosed with Cancer in April of this year.  I had successful surgery in May and was fortunate to have an amazing team of Doctors.  I am alive and I am now healthy again. 

This I am thankful for ...  

I am fortunate to have a lovely home and life which I share with the most wonderful husband in the world and our two kitties. 

This I am thankful for ...

I am fortunate to have wonderful friends and family which includes my two beautiful adult children and their spouses, two gorgeous grandchildren, brothers and their children, a sister, a beautiful niece, her husband and their 3 gorgeous sons and a million in-laws (my husband is the 16th child of 17)

This I am thankful for ...

A long time dear friend has recently suffered a debilitating stroke but is making steady progress.

This I am thankful for ...

I am fortunate that on this Thanksgiving weekend, I am happy to have been blessed with love, family, hope, compassion for others, generosity and the precious memories of loved ones no longer with us.  

This I am also thankful for ....
I would love for you to share with all of us, what is on your thankful for ... list!


photo - courtesy of styleunveiled.com via pinterest

From OUR home to yours,

We would like to wish you and yours a very Happy, Healthy and Safe Thanksgiving.


Soulier Design Studio specializes in Sustainability and Eco Friendly Design, Products and Lifestyle http://www.soulierdesignstudio.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. We would really love to hear from you!!